"Primo plc tied our equipment insurance in with our liabilities."

At Primo plc, we like all our clients to feel this way

Coronavirus (Covid19) Information

Plant and Machinery Insurance

Plant Insurance - Owned or Hired-In Cover Specialists

Annual insurance for contractors plant and machinery whether owned or hired-in, competitive insurance premiums arranged without comprimising on cover.

Arranged by Primo plc

Own Plant

One of the largest investments contractors make is in purchasing specialised equipment such as plant and machinery. We have several insurers who are able to cover plant separately or include it in a contractors all risk policy.

We can arrange cover to contractors in respect of damage to contractors plant and equipment owned by or on a deferred purchase or lease to the proposer, while situated or in transit anywhere within the territorial limits.

When obtaining a quote for plant insurance we can either look at covering your plant item by item or offer a blanket based policy which will cover you to an upper value limit.

Hired in Plant

As with anything you hire, responsibility for keeping the hired item safe and in good condition lands squarely on your shoulders. Hired-in plant and machinery is no different.

The insurance provided by our market providers is in respect of damage to contractors plant and equipment hired in by the insured, while situated or in transit anywhere within the territorial limits.

The indemnity provided by the insurers to the insured will be in respect of all sums which the insured shall be legally liable to pay for

a) Such damage and

b) For continuing hiring charges levied upon the insured in consequence of such damage.

Cover Details

  • Covers plant, tools, and machinery against fire, theft, malicious damage, accidental damage, and continuing hire charges.

  • Up to £100,000 limit of indemnity

  • Cover available anywhere in the UK

Other Insurance

Click a listed cover for more information.

insurance broker leaning against a wall dressed in blue suit

Your Broker

Always speak to a real person. You will have an assigned broker.
photo of someone using a mobile phone while holding a coffee


Our brokers ensure obtaining your insurance is simple and straightforward
photo of many colourful umbrellas blotting out the sky


Correctly covering your business gives you great peace of mind.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I need public liability insurance?

    Whilst not a legal requirement we highly recommend you obtain this cover to protect you against the costs and damages claims arising from a negligent act causing injury or damage to a third party. It gives you that peace of mind to know that in the event of a claim you have your insurer defending and protecting you.
  • Is business insurance a legal requirement?

    Most business insurance is not a legal requirement, however, we do highly recommend you obtain this cover to protect you against the costs and damages claims arising from a negligent act causing injury or damage to a third party or resulting fire, weather related incidents or a break in. It gives you that peace of mind to know that in the event of a claim you have your insurer defending and protecting you.

    The only insurance that your business is legally obliged to obtain is employers liability and vehicle insurance.

  • Can I pay in monthly instalments?

    You can pay monthly subject to your status and the size of the premium the credit charge and terms will vary.
  • What if I need to change my level of cover?

    As an existing client you can call or email us with any changes during business hours and get advice on the changes you wish to make.

  • If I need to make a claim who should I contact?

    First and foremost always contact your insurer, should you need assistance or advice following that call speak to your broker who will be happy to assist you where they can.

White van

Business Vehicles

Comprehensive, third party, fire & theft or third party only cover arranged for your business' vehicles or commercial fleet.
work area with various woodworking machines

Commercial Property

Do you need commercial property insurance in addition to liability cover? We can also arrange as a stand-alone policy.

Let's get you covered as quickly and simply as possible

Help with choosing the right cover options for your business.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. Cum sociis natoque penatibus.
multi-coloured umbrellas hanging in the air

Public Liability

Protects you and your business financially against claims made by third parties for injury or loss or damage to property as a result of negligence.

Product's Liability

Product liability covers manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, retailers, and others who make or recommend products to their clients and are then held liable for any injuries the product causes.
Worker holding an electric angle grinder
Contractor looking at architect's drawings

Professional Indemnity

Covers your legal fees and compensation payments that may arise from a client taking legal action against you, this may be due to a mistake you made when providing professional services, advice or designs.
Employer's liability is a legal requirement in the UK whether you hire paid or voluntary staff on a permanant or temporary basis. There are some exemptions.
Man facing away wearing a t-shirt with staff written across it
Green and white cement mixer at building site

Contractors' All Risk

Provides cover for damage to property and also damage or injury to third-parties. Damage to property can include incorrect construction, renovation damage or damage to temporary work on sites. C.A.R. policies are typically taken out by both the contractor and the employer and may have others such as finance companies named in the policy.

Commercial Combined

A comprehensive cover solution that ties together all the most common cover policies into one single easy to manage policy. It was primarily designed for small business owners.
Woman wearing hard hat inspecting bridge
Man and woman looking at a contract

Contract Works

Some construction projects you undertake will make you responsible for partially completed work. For instance, you're in the middle of building a house, and a flood destroys the work you have done contract works insurance could cover the cost of redoing that work.

JCT 21.2.1

Covers you for monetary loss which may arise as the result of a claim brought against you for an injury or damage to any property which is not directly attributable to negligence but as a result of work you are undertaking.
several contracts and plans rolled up in a stack

Primo plc reviews

Primo plc Reviews

5 out of 5 stars
  • From 4 to 5
  • From 3 to 4
  • From 2 to 3
  • From 1 to 2
  • From 0 to 1
Another year for me with Primo
Your review
Another year for me with Primo. Normally deal with Katheryn, quick and competent service and very reasonable. I no longer shop around for quotes, Primo are the best.
Show more
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
If everyone did as you do
Your review
Dealt with Katheryn and can honestly say she is a credit to this company.

Thouroughly explained well executed and she delivered on her promise.

Out of the 8 companies i contacted she was the only 1 who did the job right.

Thanks very very much for all your hard work.

If everyone did as you do without trying it wus be a much easier task to obtain insurance.

Warm regards katheryn.
Show more
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful

Need help?

Call us at 01702 225 440

Or use our live chat

Have us call you!

Within 24 hours or next working day

Copyright Primo Plc 2018 | All Rights Reserved

Primo plc is registered in England and Wales, Reg No 1008700 at Cumberland House, Baxter Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6HZ
Tel: +44 (0)1702 225400

Primo Plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.