"Primo's advice made insuring our business premises correctly a simple task."

At Primo plc, we like all our clients to feel this way

Coronavirus (Covid19) Information

Commercial Property Insurance

Insurance for Business Premises

Insurance for commercial property owners whther for your own business premises or if you have tenants that run a business from your property our brokers can tailor the insurance to suit your needs.

Arranged by Primo plc

Two Types of Commercial Property Insurance

Buildings Insurance

Covers the cost of rebuilding or repairing your property in the event it is damaged by subsidence, burst pipes, flooding, fire, storms, riots, theft or criminal damage.

May include fixtures and fittings that are not standard but not stock either, speak to your broker to clarify this.

Contents Insurance

If you run a business from your property you may want to cover your contents such as stock and equipment.

If you do not run a business from your property or you are a tenant that runs a business from the property then contents insurance is your or your tenants responsibility.

Key Features

Speak to your broker as to which of the following may be included by your insurer.

  • Business Interruption
  • Fixtures and Fittings
  • Loss of Income
  • Legal Expenses
  • Seasonal Stock
  • Money on Premises
  • Frozen Goods

Let's get you covered as quickly and simply as possible

Your Broker

Always speak to a real person. You will have an assigned broker.


Our brokers ensure obtaining your insurance is simple and straightforward


Correctly covering your business gives you great peace of mind.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I need commercial property insurance?

    If you own a premises which a business operates from, whether that be your own business or that of someone else, then you'll need to protect your property asset and it's income.
  • Commercial property insurance what does it cover?

    There are two specific insurance policies that cover commercial property, buildings insurance and contents insurance.

    Buildings Insurance covers the rebuilding or repair work in the event your property is damaged in an incident such as burst pipes, fire, riots, floods, storms, subsidence and theft or criminal damage.

    Contents insurance is required to cover the equipment and stock inside the building if it is your business then you'll need this cover, however, if it is not your business then your tenant will need this cover.

    You may have fixtures and fittings that don't belong to the building but arent classed as stock some buildings cover will include this but it is worth checking with your broker should you want to ensure this cover is in place.

  • What else should I consider?

    At certain times of year you may find you carry more stock than usual like the run up to Christmas, some policies include seasonal stock but check with your broker, if you have more stock than usual contact your broker or insurer and let them know.
  • What about if my building’s damaged and we can no longer work there?

    If you rely on your business' income you should consider business interruption cover so should you be unable to carry out your work your income will be protected. Speak to your broker.

  • If I need to make a claim who should I contact?

    First and foremost always contact your insurer, should you need assistance or advice following that call speak to your broker who will be happy to assist you where they can.

Let's get you covered as quickly and simply as possible

Cover for your vehicles, plant and machinery

Business Vehicles

Comprehensive, third party, fire & theft or third party only cover arranged for your business' vehicles or commercial fleet.

Marine Cargo

Cover annual or single consignments while in transit for either domestic and international transit.

Primo plc reviews

Primo plc Reviews

5 out of 5 stars
  • From 4 to 5
  • From 3 to 4
  • From 2 to 3
  • From 1 to 2
  • From 0 to 1
Another year for me with Primo
Your review
Another year for me with Primo. Normally deal with Katheryn, quick and competent service and very reasonable. I no longer shop around for quotes, Primo are the best.
Show more
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
If everyone did as you do
Your review
Dealt with Katheryn and can honestly say she is a credit to this company.

Thouroughly explained well executed and she delivered on her promise.

Out of the 8 companies i contacted she was the only 1 who did the job right.

Thanks very very much for all your hard work.

If everyone did as you do without trying it wus be a much easier task to obtain insurance.

Warm regards katheryn.
Show more
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful

Need help?

Call us at 01702 225 440

Or use our live chat

Have us call you!

Within 24 hours or next working day

Copyright Primo Plc 2018 | All Rights Reserved

Primo plc is registered in England and Wales, Reg No 1008700 at Cumberland House, Baxter Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 6HZ
Tel: +44 (0)1702 225400

Primo Plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.